Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll was truly a masterpiece. It has been years and years since the story of little Alice following a rabbit down the rabbit hole appeared. Introduced to children, who enjoy the nonsensical fiction about Wonderland, the story line and the quotes appeal to adults as well. In fact, some quotes from Alice in Wonderland resonate with our souls even today. Here we are going to look at the top ten quotes that stir up our souls.
- “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
- “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.”
- “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.”
- “Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second.”
- “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.”
- “You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret all the best people are.”
- “I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.”
- “How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice.
‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.'”
- “We’re all mad here.”
- “I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?”
Alice in Wonderland has since been adapted into books more fitted for younger readers, translated in countless languages. It also boasts of being adapted as a television series and as a movie! The most recent one being the Johnny Depp starrer version, where he played the Mad Hatter to the T. If we missed any of your favourite Alice in Wonderland quotes, we apologize. Do list them in the comments section below.